How to Help the HER Foundation
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) has an incredible and lasting impact on the lives of those who experience it, as well as those around them. Many feel a desire to help others survive this very difficult time in life. It helps them heal as well. If you want to help our organization and support our mission, there are many ways you can do that. You have taken the first step by educating yourself on HG so you can increase other's awareness and effectively support those you know with HG. We specifically need your help in the following ways:
Join Team HER
- Activism: How You Can Increase Awareness
- Volunteer to support other HG moms.
- Engage with HER on social media.
- Check our home page regularly for the latest on HG, and follow our social media for upcoming events and information.
- If you have any special skills that you could offer on a volunteer basis, please fill out this volunteer survey.
- Network with service-oriented companies who are willing to offer discounts to families facing HG to ease their financial burden.
- Support our efforts for awareness, policy initiatives, research and education. If you have contacts in these areas, or know of any opportunities, please refer them to our site or have them contact us directly.
- Participate in our Current Research
Educate about HG
- Submit your story of HG and pictures/video for us to share in our work and on social media.
- Print out our research studies and online brochures and resources for distribution to health professionals and hospitals in your area
- Find out about News & Events by signing up for our Newsletter.
- Review and participate in our HG research. See our Research Page for more links.
- Contact your local media such as TV health reporters, pregnancy and parenting publications, and radio talk shows. Tell them about your experience with HG or have them contact us directly.
- Refer others, including health professionals, to our site for reliable HG information and research.
- Sign-up your health professional on our Referral Network which includes health professionals who are recommended by other mothers for being up-to-date on HG management, and providing compassionate, patient-centered care.
- Participate in our social media groups to support others and share your story. See our Facebook Groups, including supporting those currently facing HG & raising HG kids.