Finding others who understand the challenges of HG is becoming easier as the number of support options is growing. HER Foundation adds groups periodically, so check our group page. If you find a group we should add, e-mail us the contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HER Foundation Groups
- HER Foundation Volunteers:
Our list of volunteers who are eager to offer you personal support.
- HER Online Monthly Zoom Support Group
- HER HG Support Facebook Group:
Discuss your experience with other HG mothers.
- HER Facebook Group for Dads:
A place for partners to discuss their HG experience with others who understand.
- HER Loss Group:
A place to find hope and support after losing a baby.
- HER HG Kids Group on Facebook:
A place to share successes and challenges of parenting a child born after a pregnancy with HG.
- Netherlands/Belgium: HER Facebook HG/Pregnancy & Postpartum Support
- New Zealand: Hyperemesis Gravidarum in New Zealand (HER Foundation)
- United Kingdom: Hyperemesis Gravidarum UK (HER Foundation) Facebook Support Group and HER UK Page
Be sure to answer the questions when requesting to join HER Facebook groups.
Global HG Charities and Groups
- Pregnancy Sickness Support, United Kingdom
- Association HG, France
- HG Warriors, Kenya
- Hyperemesis Australia
- Hyperemesis Finland
- Hyperemesis Ireland
- Hyperemesis Indonesia
- Hyperemesis Norge
- ZEHG Foundation, Netherlands
These groups are independent of the HER Foundation.
Support for High-Risk Pregnancies
- Sidelines (888-447-4754)
Online and phone support for women on bed rest or with high risk pregnancies.
Maternal Mental Health
- Postpartum Support International
International support, education, and awareness for perinatal mental health, postpartum mood and anxiety disorders, and PTSD.
- The International Marce Society for Perinatal Mental Health
Research and assistance for prenatal and postpartum mental health for families.
An important part of healing after loss is talking with others who understand the pain. In addition to HER’s loss support resources, we offer this list of organizations with online support. We do not endorse any of these sites but provide them as a courtesy to you. Please check all information in depth before making any decisions. If you would like to share your recommendations, please email them to us.
- Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Miscarriage Association
- International Stillbirth Alliance
- The Compassionate Friends
No longer active, but a place to read others’ stories who have made the heartbreaking decision to terminate wanted pregnancies because of HG.
- Maternal Health Complications/Post Abortion Stress Syndrome
No longer active, but a place to read information and support for those who terminated their pregnancy due to HG or other medical complications.
General Support for Mothers
- Mothers and More
Support for working mother
Mothers of preschooler
- Mom's Club
International Support Group