The HER Foundation is the global voice of HG and endeavors to achieve the following:
- Minimize the suffering and complications related to HG through education.
- Eradicate maternal or fetal mortality and morbidity due to delayed or inadequate treatment.
- Improve management by providing a support network to discuss treatments and outcomes.
- Develop a universal, adaptable treatment protocol to ensure consistent, proactive care.
- Raise awareness of the debilitating effects of HG to increase support and access to effective medical care.
- Educate practitioners, families and supporters on ways to manage and successfully cope.
- Expand HG education and awareness in medical and allied health schools.
- Contribute to the accuracy of HG related information in publications and through our current research.
- Increase awareness of Postpartum Depression & Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome following HG to ensure treatment.
- Raise funds to support HG research and awareness, as well as publication of education materials.
USC/UCLA & HER Foundation Research Priorities
Publications & Projects
- Assessment forms for health professionals
- Multilingual brochures
- Continuing Education for nurses
- Side-effects & effectiveness of meds
- Patient perceptions of prenatal care with/without HG
- Improve accuracy of general population books on pregnancy
- Protocol for nutritional supplementation (criteria, duration)