The Hyperemesis Education and Research Foundation's mission is to provide Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) support, advocacy, education, and research to improve treatment and outcomes.
The HER Foundation is the global voice of HG and endeavors to achieve the following:
- Minimize the suffering and complications related to HG through education.
- Eradicate maternal or fetal mortality and morbidity due to delayed or inadequate treatment.
- Improve management by providing a support network to discuss treatments and outcomes.
- Develop a universal, adaptable treatment protocol to ensure consistent, proactive care.
- Raise awareness of the debilitating effects of HG to increase support and access to effective medical care.
- Educate practitioners, families, and supporters on ways to manage and successfully cope.
- Expand HG education and awareness in medical and allied health schools.
- Contribute to the accuracy of HG related information in publications and through our current research.
- Increase awareness of Postpartum Depression & Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome following HG to ensure treatment.
- Raise funds to support HG research and awareness as well as publication of education materials.
USC/UCLA & HER Foundation Research Priorities
Publications & Projects
- Assessment forms for health professionals
- Multilingual brochures
- Continuing Education for nurses
- Side-effects & effectiveness of meds
- Patient perceptions of prenatal care with/without HG
- Improve accuracy of general population books on pregnancy
- Protocol for nutritional supplementation (criteria, duration)
- Health professional attitudes & beliefs about HG
- HG management
- HG treatment protocol
- Survey Research Summaries
- HG & Foundation Awareness
- HG Symposium to link/educate health professionals & patients
- Abnormal outcomes Database (Maternal & Fetal)
- Education of societies and professionals on management