The HER Foundation’s breakthrough psychosocial study shows that Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is not self limiting and has societal implications.
- 80% of HG survivors reported at least one psychosocial struggle.
- 76% of women reported change in plans for future childbearing
- 17% reported socioeconomic issues
- 8% faced job or school problems
- 15.2% terminated at least one pregnancy because of HG
Study: B. Poursharif, L.M. Korst, M.S. Fejzo, K.W. MacGibbon, R. Romero, and T.M. Goodwin. “The psychosocial burden of hyperemesis gravidarum.” Journal of Perinatology, 2007.