You can join the the HG Challenge three ways.
- Share your story and HER resources with local providers.
- Write to your government leaders to advocate for policy change that includes HG.
- Take an HG Provider Packet to a local obstetrical professional.
We are often asked why doctors don’t know more about treating Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG). We have multiple programs that reach out to providers at conferences, on social media, and through our Referral Network.
Why share provider packets? Mass mailings are often thrown in the trash, but if you take a packet to a hospital, clinic, or practice with your personal story and passion, it will make an HG Impact!
- Order your Provider Packets ($7/packet + shipping), and consider a donation to help fund packets sent to those who email us for one and can’t afford to pay. Alternatively, print our tools from our site.
- Select local hospital(s), clinic(s), or provider(s).
- Set up a time you can visit the office in May (you may need to call ahead).
- Put on your awareness tee and wear or share a HER logo mask.
- When you arrive, introduce yourself, share that you are an HG survivor, and say that for HG Awareness Month, you want to give the provider a packet of resources to make treating Hyperemesis Gravidarum easier.
- Be sure to tag us in the pictures when you deliver your Packets, so we can map the education across the globe! May 30th is HG Challenge Pic Day!
- Participate in HG research.
- Become an advocate.
- Make a gift to the HER Foundation.
- Share your story and support other HG moms.
- Become a HER Foundation volunteer.
- Blog about HG and show support for HER.
- Share resources with local health professionals and hospitals.
©2022 HER Foundation. All rights reserved.