What you can do to raise awareness:
- Talk about it. Share your story or the stories of others with your friends, family, and community. The more people who know about premature birth and HG, the more likely they are to support awareness and research.
- Get involved the HER Foundation. Sign up to volunteer for the HER foundation to raise awareness of HG and premature birth. You can volunteer your time, donate money, or simply spread the word about our work.
- Use social media. Share information about premature birth and HG on your social media accounts. Use relevant hashtags, such as #PrematureAwarenessMonth and #HGAwareness, so that your posts can reach a wider audience.
Share the Facts:
- Preterm birth is delivery prior than 37 weeks.
- Women with a history of HG were likely to have an increased risk of preterm birth, regardless of ondansetron exposure (M.S. Fejzo et al., 2016).
- HG is also associated with poor fetal/child outcomes including a 4-fold increased risk of preterm birth (R. Tian et al., 2016).