Join the HER Foundation as we shed light on HG Truths all month long.
- SHARE your HG story.
- MEET other HG survivors on Zoom.
- FUNDRAISE for HG education & research.
- CHOOSE a Facebook frame for your profile. Search frames: hyperemesis HER Foundation.
- USE the hashtags on your social: #HGAM21 #HGAD21 #HGtruths.
- INVITE others to follow the HER Foundation and learn more about HG.
- DONATE to the HER Foundation.
What is HG?
At least 1 million women are estimated to suffer from a serious pregnancy disease each year that takes the lives of thousands of babies (and some mothers) due to chronic malnutrition and dehydration from debilitating nausea and vomiting. The disease known as HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) is often misunderstood, unrecognized or assumed to be psychological, and thus is inadequately treated. This means women suffer to the point of being traumatized, choosing therapeutic termination, or having serious short and long-term health issues. The children too often are affected as well. With proper treatment, most issues can be minimized or prevented, and the 1 in 3 loss rate is reduced. Be HG aware and educate others, donate to support education and research (HG research rarely gets grant funding!!), and show love to an HG mother today!
* HG: hyperemesis gravidarum (hyper = excessive, emesis = vomiting, gravidarum = in pregnancy)
** Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is a debilitating and potentially life-threatening pregnancy disease marked by rapid weight loss, malnutrition, and dehydration due to unrelenting nausea and/or vomiting with potential adverse consequences for the mom-to-be and the newborn(s).