Preparing your body is an essential step in planning for an HG pregnancy. Being as healthy as possible will give you strength to endure.
Some moms find these strategies helpful:
- Get therapy to address trauma from previous pregnancies.
- Take a high quality B complex prior to pregnancy to ensure adequate storage.
- Talk to an alternative practitioner about hormone balancing, gut health, and overall toxicity.
- Exercise to regain physical strength.
- Detox your system.
- Eat lots of nutrient dense foods (fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grains) and take a high quality prenatal vitamins plus B complex for several months before you become pregnant so you have storage of essential nutrients when you are unable to eat. If you have a history of miscarriage, consider adding extra antioxidants.
- Aim to be about 10% over your ideal body weight. Remember, too much weight gain is associated with more complications, and low body weight is associated with more hospital visits. Eating healthy is important!