Preparing for an HG Pregnancy
Preparing your body is an essential step in planning for an HG pregnancy. Being as healthy as possible will give you strength to endure.
- Get therapy to address trauma from previous pregnancies.
- Take a high quality B complex prior to pregnancy to ensure adequate storage.
- Talk to an alternative practitioner about hormone balancing, gut health, and overall toxicity.
- Exercise to regain physical strength.
- Detox your system.
- Eat lots of nutrient dense foods (fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grains) and take a high quality prenatal vitamins plus B complex for several months before you become pregnant so you have storage of essential nutrients when you are unable to eat. If you have a history of miscarriage, consider adding extra antioxidants.
- Aim to be about 10% over your ideal body weight. Remember, too much weight gain is associated with more complications, and low body weight is associated with more hospital visits. Eating healthy is important!
These supplements are suggested in our Patient Treatment Overview.
3-6 months before conception
1. B Complex twice daily
(minimum 10 mg B1, 10 mg B6) or B-100 once daily
2. Prenatal multivitamin daily including minimum:
› Folic acid/folate 600 mcg
› Phosphatidylcholine 450 mg
› Iron 25 mg (ferrous bisglycinate often better tolerated).
» Take additional supplements as needed to reach above doses.
1. Vitamin D with vitamin K daily (minimum 1000 IU of D)
2. Calcium with Magnesium Glycinate, approximately 200
mg each, twice daily