Will you join the global generosity movement and celebrate all acts of giving? The HER Foundation is thankful to all who have supported our live-saving work. In 22 years, we have accomplished a lot, but more work is needed. Meta is matching recurring donations. Set up a monthly gift to HER, and the second donation will be matched by Meta. Your donations will help us fund a doctor training program and advocate for change in how HG is treated.
What we accomplished in 2022
- Met with HHS and HHS-Texas to plan collaboration.
- Attended and presented a poster at ACOG and presented at many conferences and organizations about HG like American Society Human Genetics.
- Supported (1000s) of HG sufferers and their families through support groups, calls, and treatment information.
- Published in British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology: This study of a different population with a different method confirms our earlier study finding that GDF15 is the greatest genetic risk factor for HG. The new variants identified may have implications for prediction and diagnosis. The findings provide insight into the cause and molecular mechanisms for developing therapeutics for HG.
What we want to do in 2023
- Build out a comprehensive volunteer support network.
- Expand awareness of the condition and treatment protocol through physician education.
- Work to widely dismiss the notion that HG is a psychosomatic disease.
- Raise enough money to expand our team and provide more services to those suffering with HG.
Thank you gifts:
🔸Shoutout for $22/month
🔸HER Tumbler for $220
🔸HER/1 MOM Yeti for $2200
We can’t do it without you. Join the global movement for generosity and support the HER Foundation. Only a few countries have HG organizations. In the US, HER is the only organization advocating for the needs of families facing HG.
* HG is a debilitating and potentially life-threatening pregnancy disease that affects over 6 million women globally. But YOU can help!
- Participate in HG research.
- Become an advocate.
- Make a gift to the HER Foundation.
- Share your story and support other HG moms.
- Become a HER Foundation volunteer.
- Blog about HG and show support for HER.
- Share resources with local health professionals and hospitals.
©2022 HER Foundation. All rights reserved.