The HER Foundation, in collaboration with the University of Southern California (USC), continues the breakthroughs with publication of “Whole-exome sequencing uncovers new variants in GDF15 associated with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)” in BJOG.
This study confirms the GWAS finding that GDF15 is the greatest genetic risk factor for HG. The new variants identified may have implications for prediction and diagnosis. The findings provide insight into the cause and molecular mechanisms for developing therapeutics for HG.
- Participate in HG research.
- Become an advocate.
- Make a gift to the HER Foundation.
- Share your story and support other HG moms.
- Become a HER Foundation volunteer.
- Blog about HG and show support for HER.
- Share resources with local health professionals and hospitals.
©2022 HER Foundation. All rights reserved.