We are glad to inform you of the arrival of our son. He was born weighing 7 pounds and 3 ounces. While we are most grateful to God, we are particularly very thankful and appreciative of all of the support the HER Foundation gave us.
At around four months of the pregnancy, I considered an abortion due to the excruciating suffering that I was experiencing with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). My doctors did not understand how critically ill I was. I was vomiting, nauseous, constipated, dehydrated, and unable to eat or drink. I had recently registered for the LSAT exam and was studying for Law School before HG struck.
We researched online for ways to ease the suffering but found no help until my husband found you and reached out that fateful evening. The same evening, your amazing team brought light to a very dark tunnel. Your advice, counseling, the resources, and your prayers have brought our precious son. Thank you team!
I would like to especially thank the following people:
- Kimber was available to help even late at night. She reviewed my medication and made suggestions that changed the course of my treatment for good. The pain and suffering reduced nearly 80% because of a single recommendation she made.
- Speaking with Lyle gave me hope. He opened me up to the resources and people at HER. I felt like I had a whole army of compassionate people rooting for me.
- Numerous other volunteers supported me. God bless them all!
I had promised to be a part of the team when I get well. Please let us know how my husband and I can volunteer and the necessary training required. We would love to help other families survive hyperemesis, too. God bless you.
- Participate in HG research.
- Become an advocate.
- Make a gift to the HER Foundation.
- Share your story and support other HG moms.
- Become a HER Foundation volunteer.
- Blog about HG and show support for HER.
- Share resources with local health professionals and hospitals.
©2022 HER Foundation. All rights reserved.