- “Amy Schumer vomiting disease”
- “What is hyperemesis?”
- “Amy Schumer puking video“
- “Amy Schumer throwing up”
- “Amy Schumer hospitalized“
- “Amy Schumer pregnancy”
- “Amy Schumer pregnant movie”
- “Amy Schumer pregnant stand up”
- “Amy Schumer hyperemesis“
Comedian Amy Schumer and chef Chris Fischer announced the birth of their son on May 6, 2019, and on July 9th, 2020, Expecting Amy premiers on HBO Max with a behind the scenes look at Schumer’s pregnancy, comedic tour, and family.
Anyone who follows Schumer on social media saw her birth announcement video and soon heard her talking about hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). HG is hyperemesis gravidarum: a potentially life-threatening pregnancy disease that may cause malnutrition, dehydration, and debility due to severe nausea and vomiting, and may cause long-term health issues for mom and baby.
Pregnancy care for HG moms may include: multiple medications, IV rehydration, feeding tube, or central IV line. Hyperemesis gravidarum can also increase the risk of other pregnancy complications. Having HG after 20 weeks doubles a woman’s risk of preeclampsia.
HG is more than a miserable pregnancy experience and definitely not morning sickness. HG requires proactive care to protect mom and baby.
- 1 in 3 babies does not make it to term
- Babies face a 4-fold increase in neurodevelopmental diagnoses
- 39% develop PMADs
- 18% of women meet full criteria for PTSD and more will struggle with symptoms for years, even decades.
- 80% of families families suffer negative psychosocial impact including job loss, relationship issues, and more
At the HER Foundation, we are grateful for Amy Schumer’s transparency in sharing her journey, openness to raising awareness, and advocacy for mothers and babies.
The HER Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides support, groundbreaking research, advocacy, and education on hyperemesis. Since 2000, we have been the leading source of information on HG and have helped hundreds of thousands of families across the globe. We are the global voice of HG! Visit our friends and family section of our site if you have a loved one with HG.