World Maternal Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day is observed on the first Wednesday in May each year. This year, this theme is all about supporting each other through our worldwide journey in maternal mental health. Those who experience maternal mental health problems suffer in silence and often go undetected and untreated. Join us in destigmatizing mental health complications.
HG patients have significantly increased risk of maternal mental health diagnosis secondary to HG:
- 26% have suicidal ideations (Nana et al., 2022)
- 18% meet full criteria PTSD (Christodoulou et al., 2011)
- ~50% experience trauma
- 52% consider termination (Nana et al., 2022)
- 50% have a postpartum psychiatric diagnosis
- >80% experience psychosocial struggles (Poursharif et al., 2007)
If you or a family member needs postpartum mental health care, please contact your provider.