Long term health and emotional effects of HG

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Australia and NZ to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderators: Trudy, Roni84, Moderators

Long term health and emotional effects of HG

Postby Denae » Aug 11, 2015 12:46 am

Hi ladies, I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten any support or answers as to the long term impacts on physical and mental health after HG. I'm almost 3 years post-HG (had it with both pregnancies, second much more severe) and still absolutely struggling with crippling anxiety and daily panic attacks, also massive "IBS" (Dr's have no clue so just say IBS!) symptoms and rapid weight loss. I think it is related to the mental health struggle amd food aversions. I'm currently back to my lowest weight that I was during my worst HG pregnancy and struggle to eat, it is so frustrating. Some months I'm fine then it comes back for a while. There's a tummy bug going around my daughters school atm and I have not even been able to bring myself to take her to school cos I am absolutely petrified she will get it and I just cannot deal with any of us being sick anymore. I feel like I am still fighting the effects of HG even after all this time. Having a endoscopy and colonoscopy next week to rule out physical symptoms but I truly think it's the after effects of starvation, isolation and terrible treatment during HG. I do see a psychologist but she is on maternity leave for a few more months, will have a session with her fill-in psych this week too. I feel so alone and I don't know why its still affecting me, I'm so over it and wish I could just get over it!! Thanks for letting me vent. Much love to anyone else struggling right now xxx
Denae

Re: Long term health and emotional effects of HG

Postby mommyto3 » Apr 07, 2016 9:57 am

Hi! I was looking through posts relating to after effects of HG and saw your post. I am also having side effects (dizziness, throwing up randomly, nausea) 9 months postpartum and it is not the nicest to go through, after the fight of pregnancy!
I know your post is nearly a year old, but hope you are doing better and got some answers. Iit is a hard plight to have, but at least we have the gift of a child!
Anyways, I hope you are a bit better!
2 babies in heaven
1st Hg Baby born May 2011 (zofran and Iv, 2 months bed rest)
2nd Hg Baby born June 2013 (zofran and progesterone)
3rd Hg Baby in July 2015 (unisom, b6, zofran, evil reglan, hospital stay and Iv every 2/3 days)
mommyto3

Return to Aussie/NZ Mothers