my little girl is finally here!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

my little girl is finally here!

Postby CarliBear » Aug 02, 2012 10:43 pm

she is finally here after this incredibly long journey! Cara Evelyn was born on Friday at 12:16 am on July 28th 2012 via c section. she was 6lbs 11oz and 19 inches long.

the foley ballon was placed on thursday afternoon and i endured a very very long night of contractions and terrible cramping. arrived at the hospital at 6am. i was feeling like my usual nauseous self but was ready to meet my little one and thankfully was not throwing up. my veins were really beat from the peripheral IV's the past two weeks and the nurses had to stick me FIVE TIMES before getting an IV (boy am i glad i am done with IV's!!). they started an extremely slow dose of pitocin on me around 7am and checked me and i was 4 centimeters dilated and very hopeful that i would have a smooth delivery.

around 8am i started feeling contractions and they picked up over the next few hours. by 1pm i was having contractions were spaced about 1-2 minutes apart lasting about 1 minute and i was really feeling them at that point. i labored on a birth ball and took a bath and walked for the next few hours and breathed through the contractions. around 3pm i got my epidural and was checked but had only dilated to 5cm and was 70% effaced. for the next 6 hours i had strong and steady contractions and did loads of positions in bed trying to get myself to progress. i was checked at 9pm and i had progressed about half a centimeter and was not effaced much more. doctor decided i would have a few more hours until it was time to consider a c- section. i rocked back and forth the whole time wishing she would move on down so i wouldn't end up in theater. she checked me at 11:30pm and i had not progressed whatsoever so it was decided- time for a c-section!

i was rushed off pretty quickly and tried to stay confident about seeing my little girl. i was excited more than nervous but shook uncontrollably from the medication. finally, my little girl was born!! i was so happy and tears streamed down my face as i became overwhelmed with the thought of all i had been through to get to this point. she was healthy and breathing well and dad and her left the OR to stay warm. as they were sewing me up i started puking my poor guts out- good ol' HG to the end!

so i didn't get my vaginal delivery like i wanted but i did get an absolutely perfect and beautiful little girl and the most amazing reward for all my suffering that i could have imagined.

i could not thank you all enough for the support i have received throughout my pregnancy... i came to you in my darkest days and you all were there for me. you all got me through. i could not have done it without you. thank you, thank you, thank you.
i will never forget what i have gone through and those still on the other side. stay strong ladies and know it truly is worth all of the suffering and that the dark times will end with something more wonderful than you could ever imagine.

severe HG from week 4- delivery at 38 weeks. countless IV's, four PICC lines, one portacath, 3 blood infections, eighteen ER visits, seven hospital admissions, so many medications, 24-7 fluids and zofran pump. born perfect on 7.28.12.
CarliBear
Been There Done That

Re: my little girl is finally here!

Postby Alwayshappy39 » Aug 03, 2012 7:19 am

Congratulations! I am really happy for you. You endured so much suffering during your pregnancy and I am so happy that your journey has ended with such a beautiful little girl! Enjoy that little one and being HG free! I can't wait to be there myself... My thoughts are with you
Erin

Little girl Brittany 1996 (moderate HG)
Little boy Jake 1998 (moderate HG)
Little boy Trace 2000 (moderate HG)

Due August 27, 2012 (severe HG)Frequent IV hydration/Zofran pump from 9 wks to 21 wks

Oral Zofran/Ambien/Frequent IV hydration and Miralax from 9 wks to current
Alwayshappy39
Been There Done That

Postby krsweetpea » Aug 03, 2012 7:55 am

So beautiful! Congrats!
krsweetpea
Been There Done That

Postby AnneCan » Aug 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Congratulations Carlibear!!!! I'm so glad you've finally completed your long journey and have made it to 'this side' too! I'm glad you and baby are well! The opiates they put in thr spinal block, combined ith the HG is what made me puke after my csection! No fun at all! I hope you are recovering well...it takes a few days, but by 2 weeks you should be moving around much more easily. All the best to you! Thanks for your support too! p.s. ...your little one looks a lot like mine actually....beautiful! Well done mama
DD1 born Jan 29, 2010. Mod-Severe HG. Started treatment at 5 weeks. c-section (breech)
DD2 born July 23, 2012. Severe HG started treatment at 4 weeks until birth. VBAC!
AnneCan
Opinionated HGer

Postby DivineLotus » Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Congrats on baby and now HG free!! She's beautiful!! :-)
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cin » Aug 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Oh, she is just gorgeous!

Many congratulations to you -- and remember, take it really, really easy for the next six weeks. Your job is to rest, take care of baby, and breastfeed (if you are) and that's it. (Oh, and EAT!!!)

For your section scar (and don't worry about it -- you tried your best) when you get out of the shower, after you dry off, take your hair dryer, but it on low, carefully lift your tummy, and blow-dry your incision. You will heal faster and be less likely to have an infection.

Many, many hugs!!!! You did it!!!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby SommerNyte » Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm

She is beautiful! Congratulations. :)
DD Calista born 9/5/03 (Unmanaged/undiagnosed HG 6 - 20 weeks)
Twin DS Ace & Nate born 10/19/07 (HG treated w/ PICC line 4 -31 weeks (delivery))
DD Shiloh born 3/6/12 (HG treated w/ PICC line 6 - 32 weeks)

My Blog: Just One More...
SommerNyte
Been There Done That

Return to Birth Announcements