Fast and Furious

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Fast and Furious

Postby Melster » Jun 23, 2012 7:42 am

On the morning of Wednesday, June 20th, we drove to the hospital to be induced...

When we arrived, the floor was crazy busy, so we hung out in our room for a few hours before the Dr. Could even come see us. Finally, my husband decided he needed to go get some food and he left for a few minutes. Of course it was while he was gone that the nurse and dr. came in my room to break my water at 11:30am (went in dilated at a three+). I texted my husband and told him he had better hurry up, cause they had just broken my water.

The contractions got strong quickly... I kept telling my husband I had to poop, but really it was baby's head coming down fast. I had my husband call the nurse and I told her that perhaps I did want the epidural...but it was too late, I dilated so fast, that he was coming... Joshua John (little JJ) arrived at 12:37pm - it was literally 1 fast and furious hour!

I only pushed for a total of 3 contractions and he was out! He weighed 8lbs 6oz and measured 20 1/2 inches long. The dr. And nurse kept saying they could not believe how big he was for my size.

I am so happy to have him here - I like him more and more with each passing day! I still can't believe what it took to make him apart of our family, as it was months of pure torture, but hopefully I can cherish him even more had it been too easy.

Thanks to everyone for your love and support! I found the help and encouragement I needed to survive the HG through these forums. HUGS!
DD Carly - April 2009
DS - due June 2012

HG is a beast unlike any other...
Melster

Re: Fast and Furious

Postby krsweetpea » Jun 23, 2012 8:39 am

Wow! So fast! He was ready. So glad you are hg free and enjoying your new little one and normal life with your family.
Congrats!
krsweetpea
Been There Done That

Postby AnneCan » Jun 23, 2012 9:11 am

Yay, I've been waiting for your birth announcement!!! Wow, that IS fast and furious! Great job mama, I can only hope my labor and delivery are so quick!

I wish you all the best with your new addition, and I hope that your recovery goes smoothly. The tiredness from HG recovery can sometimes hit you at weird times, so just remind yourself that it does get better and better with each day that you heal. But please do pamper yourself and give yourself one giant pat on the back for making it through!

I hope that JJ is good to you and sleeps lots at night!

Congrats again!
DD1 born Jan 29, 2010. Mod-Severe HG. Started treatment at 5 weeks. c-section (breech)
DD2 born July 23, 2012. Severe HG started treatment at 4 weeks until birth. VBAC!
AnneCan
Opinionated HGer

Postby Alwayshappy39 » Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your little guy and the ability to eat and drink. It is so wonderful to read the birth stories. It makes it that much more real for myself. HG will go away!! And we even get a present to mark the end!! Good luck with your new "larger" family...
Erin

Little girl Brittany 1996 (moderate HG)
Little boy Jake 1998 (moderate HG)
Little boy Trace 2000 (moderate HG)

Due August 27, 2012 (severe HG)Frequent IV hydration/Zofran pump from 9 wks to 21 wks

Oral Zofran/Ambien/Frequent IV hydration and Miralax from 9 wks to current
Alwayshappy39
Been There Done That

Postby laventuj » Jun 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Yay! Congrats to you and you family! Here's to play time, eating, drinking and restful nights (yah, right!). Keep us posted with your recovery and best of luck!
DD - 7/06/2009 (undiagnosed HG, IUGR, low AFI, issues with umbilical cord, induction @ 37wks)
DS - due 9/18/2012 (mod-severe HG 7 wks-present, PICC, Zofran pump, Phenergan, Benedryl)
laventuj

Postby gremlinsmummy » Jun 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Woohoo! Welcome to the world baby JJ and an epic well done to you Mel, you did it!

Sounds like we had very similar labours lol, and our bubs are the exact same weight :P

Enjoy getting to know your wee man, and enjoy being HG free!
DD 28/02/03 HG 8-20 weeks
MCDA twin DDs 14/10/06 HG 6 weeks - delivery via induction at 36+5
DD 09/07/08 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG
DD 18/06/12 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more."
gremlinsmummy
Been There Done That

Postby sweetpea » Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

congrats!
Faith - April 1, 2009
Grace - November 26, 2010
Ladybug (foster baby) June 7, 2011

Angel baby January 2012
Angel baby February 2012

sweetpea
HG Diva

Postby DivineLotus » Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Congrats!!

My husband left the room too because he was hungry. Yes I did call him and text. What sucked was that the lunch area didn't have reception. So it was all on him to come back. Which he did, right on time, with my legs up already pushing. I had and epi and it took me a good hour to push her out. Isn't that nerve recking?

Ladies make sure to tell your husbands to eat before or get take out. Gesh husbands.... :)
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby sweetpea » Jun 25, 2012 5:37 pm

My dh usually eats or just sleeps through my labors. We have to tell him when to come stand by me so that he can see the baby born.

Glad he made it back in time!
Faith - April 1, 2009
Grace - November 26, 2010
Ladybug (foster baby) June 7, 2011

Angel baby January 2012
Angel baby February 2012

sweetpea
HG Diva

Postby Hotbrass » Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

No way! Totally fast delivery lady!! What a great birth story! As tempting as it is to finally get back to everything you couldn't do for so long, try to rest when he rests and give your body time to recover from this long journey. High fives to you!
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby Cin » Jun 26, 2012 11:47 am

Fabulous!! Welcome JJ, and congrats on being HG-free, love.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby teddi » Jul 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Wow, you June mommies really aren't kidding about your DONE get the baby out are you :lol:

That makes three at least fast L&Ds recently!

Congratulations, exciting story! Glad DH made it back on time. My dad missed my arrival - he wouldn't eat in the cafeteria, so back in the day they paged but to no avail. Nice sized baby too!
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby zoe-down-under » Jul 02, 2012 6:12 am

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zoe from Australia
DD '98 - Moderate HG