Graduated early!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Graduated early!

Postby Hotbrass » Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am

Oh my gosh! This last week has been a blur! Heres the play by play....
On the morning of June 8th I had a good contraction as I had been, every time I got out of bed to go to the bathroom BUT this time I heard/felt a pop and then felt moist. I tested the wet spot in my jammies with the amnio tape and it was positive. I called the midwife in about an hr when I started having pink mucus. She came and checked the fluid and said she was confidant that my water had broke and that I needed to be in active labor within 24 hrs. or I would need to have my care transferred. (I know it's a law here but nice way to stress a mama out!) She left and I continued to have more and more mucus and by noon I took a walk down the driveway and had what I would consider a "serious" contraction. So at that point I was believing this would be the day and probably before midnight. My Mom was keeping contraction notes on paper and also on the ipad on a contraction app (kind of cool but not 100% accurate unless you are really careful to hit the start and stop every time and I was distracted) Anyway - My DH came home after hitting Costco for "birth team food" and I was starting to have to breath through the contractions. At around 5:30ish I had a couple that were back to back and my Mom was getting scared she was going to have to catch the baby and quick called the MW. She wanted to talk to me but I couldn't take the call and she heard how hard I was laboring and arrived around 6:15pm (every contraction I was standing because they came faster and harder and remember I was afraid of having to go to the hospital) I didn't realize that I had a favorite pillow but it was apparent that I do because I HAD to have my down pillow gripped tightly and in my face to moan into every contraction by now. By 8ish PM my DH asked if he should get the tub ready and I said no not yet (I was afraid that the comfort of the water would slow down my labor) The MW checked me and I was 5cm 100% and a +1. During the next contraction I said yes, yes, yes get the tub ready! So I got in and labored leaning over the side. I had nice breaks in between but when they came they were very intense. I started to feel a bit pushy but not really bad and the MW said on the next contraction I could try to push a bit and see how it felt. I did and I instantly remembered the feeling of pushing my other kids. I started to push with the next contraction and the MW felt my cervix (did not feel so great) and she said I was at a 7-8cm and could NOT push yet! This was the only time I got frustrated and upset because I didn't know how on earth I could NOT push. She said to roll over to my hands and knees and take some pressure off for a few contractions. I did but really felt I had to push bad (she tried to have me breath it out) The next contraction I said "She's coming" and the MW felt and said "oh yes she is!" I pushed her head out the next contraction (btw now my 2 boys have joined my DD, DH, Mom and Dad and 2 MWs and I in the bathroom - good thing it's a nice big bathroom suite!) The next contraction I birthed my sweet baby girl and the MW pushed her through between my legs still under the water to me. I reached through and grabbed the cord and a little arm - I then lifted her up to me and was in complete suspension of time and place. I guess we were in the tub for almost 30min and the cord was flat before we got out and crawled in bed together to nurse. (from the 5cm check to when I was in bed with her was just about 3hrs!!!) So she was 7lb 8oz, 19" and born at 11:10PM

The morning I went into labor, my DD woke up with a sore throat. By the next day it was clear she had a wicked bug coming on. She was confined to her room and we took her to urgent care for a pertussis test (she's had it when she was six for over 100 days but it's going around) This was absolutely heartbreaking for us all because she had waited SO long for this baby Sister to arrive and now couldn't even be in the same room!) I was crying off and on, not sleeping much at all and by day 3 my nipples were bleeding. I have nursed all my kids for extended times but I was so happy to get her on, I forgot all about proper latch and lansinoh! Her belly button was leaking and stinky and gooey by day 2! It was prematurely separating and she lost it by day 4 (better now.) Sleep depravation as well as a big hormone dump was taking a toll on me fast - so I went and got my supplements adjusted and were both doing better. Anyway - I'm thrilled to be HG free again and Holding my baby! Thanks to all of you who were there for me through this long journey - Buckets of love and support back at ya! - hotbrass
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Re: Graduated early!

Postby Melster » Jun 17, 2012 8:02 am

So happy for you! Congrats on your sweet baby girl. I am glad your water broke and your were able to get into labor on your own. Loved reading the story, thanks for posting.

I can't wait to join you, to be HG free and to have a sweet baby in arms.

Take care!
DD Carly - April 2009
DS - due June 2012

HG is a beast unlike any other...
Melster

Postby Alwayshappy39 » Jun 17, 2012 9:13 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I am glad your HG is gone and you and your little one are well. I wish u the best in this journey you are now starting. Enjoy that baby and having your life back! I am 8 weeks behind you and counting down...
Erin

Little girl Brittany 1996 (moderate HG)
Little boy Jake 1998 (moderate HG)
Little boy Trace 2000 (moderate HG)

Due August 27, 2012 (severe HG)Frequent IV hydration/Zofran pump from 9 wks to 21 wks

Oral Zofran/Ambien/Frequent IV hydration and Miralax from 9 wks to current
Alwayshappy39
Been There Done That

Postby krsweetpea » Jun 17, 2012 9:23 am

What a wild ride! I hope life has settled a bit so you can enjoy your new baby and being hg free!
Congrats!!!
krsweetpea
Been There Done That

Postby AnneCan » Jun 17, 2012 10:39 am

That's a breat birth story! I'm so glad that you got your homebirth after thinking that it might not happen! Congratulations on the new girl that you've added to your family, and on making through yet another HG pregnancy. I really hope that your daughter is feeling better so you can all be together and enjoy the new baby!

Thanks again for your support through these last few months, and I hope you have a good recovery from the pregnancy and birth. Take lots of supplements, eat lots of nutritious foods (and try juicing if you're up to it), and get as much rest as possible. Don't forget to have a big celebration meal and party when your tummy is up for it!

Well done mama, I'm so happy for you and your family! Take good care! :D
DD1 born Jan 29, 2010. Mod-Severe HG. Started treatment at 5 weeks. c-section (breech)
DD2 born July 23, 2012. Severe HG started treatment at 4 weeks until birth. VBAC!
AnneCan
Opinionated HGer

Postby zoe-down-under » Jun 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Yay! Congrats!!!!

Thanks for sharing your birth story. What a wonderful way to be born.

I'm glad everything is settling down now.

xxx
Zoe from Australia
DD '98 - Moderate HG
Foster DD joined us in 2004 - No HG! ;)
Angel loved and lost Jan 07 - Severe HG
zoe-down-under
Been There Done That

Postby DebbieS » Jun 18, 2012 3:00 am

Congratulations! A great birth story ... and a lot of people in your bathroom! Hope your recovery goes quickly & you are able to rest and enjoy your new baby.
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby gremlinsmummy » Jun 18, 2012 6:37 am

Congratulations again! Sure is a good thing you have a big bathroom by the sounds of it! Enjoy your new wee princess!
DD 28/02/03 HG 8-20 weeks
MCDA twin DDs 14/10/06 HG 6 weeks - delivery via induction at 36+5
DD 09/07/08 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG
DD 18/06/12 HG 6 weeks - delivery via scheduled induction at 38 weeks due to HG

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more."
gremlinsmummy
Been There Done That

Postby DivineLotus » Jun 19, 2012 1:55 am

Congrats!
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby sweetpea » Jun 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Congratulations! So glad she's here and that you got your home birth!
Faith - April 1, 2009
Grace - November 26, 2010
Ladybug (foster baby) June 7, 2011

Angel baby January 2012
Angel baby February 2012

sweetpea
HG Diva

Postby LucyNoah » Jun 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Congratulations! Its so nice to read the stories, although I am sure going through it not so nice ;) but all the same thanks for sharing and I hope everything is settling down and you are enjoying your new addition!
LucyNoah
Welcomed Friend

Postby Cin » Jun 26, 2012 11:46 am

welcome to the other side, sweetheart. :) So happy for you!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Return to Birth Announcements