I've had a lovely and joyful reunion with food and my jeans

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

I've had a lovely and joyful reunion with food and my jeans

Postby joy_g » Jan 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Joseph Bennett was born on New Year's Eve!
5 lbs, 14 oz, 19 inches long
12/31/2011 @ 6:47am

so let me tell you about my labor... oh goodness what a ride. i had been throwing up a lot on thursday, and got so dehydrated by the middle of the night that i was having constant contractions. i even threw up some stuff that looked like dark grey clay. anybody familiar with what that is?? it's one of the few things i'd never thrown up in two HG pregnancies.
we went to the hospital, they gave me two big bags of fluids and sent me home friday at noon because my contractions weren't actually going anywhere. i was sooo frustrated and pretty much half-dead from a night of no sleep plus pain plus still being somewhat dehydrated. (after the huge inflow of fluids, i only pee'd twice the whole day!) they should have induced me, but the doctors had vacation time starting at 5pm, and no one wanted to start an induction. i went home, slept all afternoon, and by 11pm was having "real" contractions. (you know, because the pain was imaginary before...) by that point, though, i was exhausted and starved and falling asleep in between. by the time i got up -- because the contractions were too close together for me to fall asleep -- we barely made it to the hospital. a nurse midwife delivered him. no epidural. not even a stinkin tylenol!
but now, i have my beautiful baby boy, i have my food, and i have my jeans. hallelujah all around, and fluffy wishes for the new year!

just call me Mighty Mom. (mighty what i'm not gonna say.)
DD May 2008
DS New Year's Eve, 2011
DD May 2013 HG 5w-delivery every single time.
joy_g
Opinionated HGer

Postby LucyNoah » Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Congratulations, enjoy your beautiful baby boy!
LucyNoah
Welcomed Friend

Postby slterwil » Jan 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Cogratulations!!! Welcome to the world, little one. So glad you are both safe and well.
Sandy
Angel baby 12/2005
Angel baby 5/2006
Angel baby 10/2006
Angel baby 9/2007
My sweet Erin 10/2008 5 lbs 10 ounces: untreated/undiagnosed HG from 6 -37 weeks (delivery)
Baby Riley 12/2010 6 lbs 9 ounces: HG from 6 weeks to delivery at 37 weeks (actually treated--PICC, IVs, subQ pump, Zofran, evil phenergan, benadryl, antacids--and *almost* got to be fluffy in the third tri)
slterwil
Devoted to You

Postby Hotbrass » Jan 10, 2012 12:14 am

Whoa Nelly! Sounds like a wild ride. Never heard of the "clay" - I'm very happy for you to have your baby safely in your arms and a relatively quick delivery. (I know you did most of the work at home though) And what a little peanut! Probably in preemie's?! Congrats and welcome to this wonderful world Joseph!
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby AnneCan » Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

Congratulations on your new little baby boy! And congrats on making it through the HG and through a yucky labor! Best to you as you recover and get back to feeling like yourself again! It's really nice to see a birth announcement...(I needed the motivation)! :D
DD1 born Jan 29, 2010. Mod-Severe HG. Started treatment at 5 weeks. c-section (breech)
DD2 born July 23, 2012. Severe HG started treatment at 4 weeks until birth. VBAC!
AnneCan
Opinionated HGer

Congratulations!

Postby nemomum » Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

What lovely news. Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy. So glad to hear you are well. You did so well in your labour and have been a real tough woman through your pregnancy. Hope you recover quickly from the birth and hg and have a wonderful time with your newborn. Xxx
nemomum
Been There Done That

Postby DebbieS » Jan 11, 2012 2:03 am

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy. Hope you were able to eat some good food on New Years to celebrate! Hope your recovery goes well too.
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby DivineLotus » Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Congrats! I'm glad your little boy is here and healthy.

Oh I know far to well the sleeping while contractions are going. I was beyond exhausted.

The gray matter could be stomach lining maybe. Idk.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby joy_g » Jan 11, 2012 5:14 pm

thank you all for your enthusiastic congratulations! i've been trying to write a post or two for a couple days now, but i hate typing one-handed. more soon...
joy_g
Opinionated HGer

Return to Birth Announcements