Kayla Faith is here :)

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Kayla Faith is here :)

Postby Babyshoe » Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm

After a pregnancy with severe HG, Kayla Faith was born on October 18th by scheduled c-section. She is PERFECT! Apparently, TPN must be good for cheeks becasue she has hug, fat cheeks-LOL! She was a healthy 8 pounds and has the best temperment. She's a great eater, both breastmilk and formula! My first child was such a "hard" baby and so far, Kayla is such an "easy" baby.
I wanted to thank everyone for their support over the past 9 months and tell those still waiting that it really is worth all of it! Stay strong and know there is a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel!
As for my HG, it is gone and I'm enjoying trying all foods for "the first time" again. My belly is a little funny from the pain meds and all the iron. I dodged a blood transfusion (from severly low iron) by 2 points...whew!
Thank you all again for everything!

Tried to post pictures, but not sure how to!
1st daughter: oral zofran and promethazine all 9 months, iv hydration

2nd daughter: 8 weeks zofran pump, 10-39 weeks picc line with tpn, iv zofran, and oral promethazine for the remainder of the pregnancy

Both babies: perfect ;)
Babyshoe
Been There Done That

Postby nekorachan » Oct 24, 2011 9:17 pm

lol i know how surprising it can be to have the "easy" baby after the "hard" one. glad to hear you both made it through! if you have your pics elsewhere you can always just post a link. (i haven't posted pics yet either...lol and it's been almost 10 months now...)
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Postby joy_g » Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

congrats, congrats, congrats!
i would do some imitation cheerleading for you here, but unfortunately, somebody attached a bowling ball to my belly and an eject button in my esophagus. never fear, my friends, that somebody will pay. but not today! today we celebrate!
so go eat something for me, will you? and kiss that baby's cheeks. *hugs!*

joy_g
Opinionated HGer

Postby slterwil » Oct 24, 2011 10:11 pm

yay!!! welcome to the world little one...keep being good to your momma. Congrats.
Sandy
Angel baby 12/2005
Angel baby 5/2006
Angel baby 10/2006
Angel baby 9/2007
My sweet Erin 10/2008 5 lbs 10 ounces: untreated/undiagnosed HG from 6 -37 weeks (delivery)
Baby Riley 12/2010 6 lbs 9 ounces: HG from 6 weeks to delivery at 37 weeks (actually treated--PICC, IVs, subQ pump, Zofran, evil phenergan, benadryl, antacids--and *almost* got to be fluffy in the third tri)
slterwil
Devoted to You

Return to Birth Announcements