Had our baby girl!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

Had our baby girl!

Postby ChelseaRose84 » Sep 27, 2011 10:13 pm

On 9/19/11 I went in for my second amniocentesis. I had already told myself that it would come back immature. I couldn't take the devastation again like the week before. The results took FOREVER. Over an hour (whereas the previous week they took about 20 minutes). I couldn't believe the result came back mature. I felt like it must be some kind of joke. Still in a state of shock, the nurse walked my DH and I over to labor and deliver to get us checked in for induction. However, I had to be in a specific labor and delivery room (where there was a heart monitor available for me) and someone was in that room at the time so they asked us to go have lunch and come back in an hour. We came back in an hour, got checked in, and my OB came in and broke my water at 1:50 pm. I requested no use of pitocin since I wanted to use hypnobirthing for a natural birth and knew i wouldn't be able to breathe my way through pitocin induced contractions. Since I was already dilated to a 4 my OB agreed with my request. Contractions began on their own 30 minutes later at 2:20 pm. Wow- the contractions that got my from 2-4 over the week before were strong but the ones that came after breaking my water we far more intense than I expected. I tried so very hard to use my hypnobirthing techniques. I had read the book, practiced, and practiced but an hour later I could take no more. With tears streaming down my face I requested an epidural. I felt like such a failure, I couldn't believe after all the HG I had been through, something else wasn't going like I wanted. BUT I needed the epidural. 30 minutes later I could tell it was time to push! The nurse checked me and I was right. at 4:30 pm (2 hours 40 minutes after the induction began) I started pushing and at 4:33 pm our baby girl arrived!
She had some initial breathing and glucose problems so she spent a couple of hours in the NICU and the next two days being pricked over and over to watch her glucose but she was able to come home with me the 3rd day. We are so happy to have her here with us!
Right after the delivery I had my tubal done, I was so sure it was what I wanted. But ever since I have had such sad thoughts about not being able to have more children. I cried a lot, but I know it was the right decision for me. Things will get better, knowing you can't have any more definitely makes you relish every moment.

Olivia Ann
Born: 9/19/2011
8 lbs, 2 oz
20 inches long
You can view pics here: http://jcjabarnett.blogspot.com/2011/09/hospital-newborn-photos.html
~Chelsea
DS Born 6/1/05 Moderate HG 6 weeks- 21 weeks
DD Born 1/4/08 Mod./Sev HG 7 weeks- 32 weeks
ChelseaRose84
Been There Done That

Postby nekorachan » Sep 27, 2011 10:52 pm

congrats! she's darling!
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Postby DivineLotus » Sep 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Beautiful, congrats!

(Hugs) on the hypno. I had a natural approach also in my mind. Nope, I got pitocin and I was 10+cm and still the water didn't break. I had an epidural so never got the chance to feel the real contraction after water breaking (when doc popped it). Very upsetting indeed but she's her now happy and healthy.

Enjoy your miracle.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby Babyshoe » Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Congratulations on your sweet pea!!! I'm sure the tubal brought many mixed emotions, I'm sorry. However, take comfort in knowing you have a beautiful little one and will be HG-free forever :)
I'm looking forward to my tubal after my csection too :)
Best wishes!!!
1st daughter: oral zofran and promethazine all 9 months, iv hydration

2nd daughter: 8 weeks zofran pump, 10-39 weeks picc line with tpn, iv zofran, and oral promethazine for the remainder of the pregnancy

Both babies: perfect ;)
Babyshoe
Been There Done That

Postby *Mel* » Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Congrats!! She is so precious!!

Also 9/19 is a good day ;) my bday!
Home heath care IVs- 2 PICC lines,Zofran, Phenergan,Ambien, Migraine Meds, Steroids, Ativan

*Mel*
Forum Moderator

Postby slterwil » Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

Welcome to the world, baby! I'm sorry you didn't get the birth experience you hoped for, but at least she's here safe and sound. Contractions sure can be a beast. HG does take so much from us. I had my tubes done during my c-section. I'm still up and down over it. Intellectually and physically I know it was the right decision. In my heart I get a little funny about it though because I had always wanted three. HUGS.
Sandy
Angel baby 12/2005
Angel baby 5/2006
Angel baby 10/2006
Angel baby 9/2007
My sweet Erin 10/2008 5 lbs 10 ounces: untreated/undiagnosed HG from 6 -37 weeks (delivery)
Baby Riley 12/2010 6 lbs 9 ounces: HG from 6 weeks to delivery at 37 weeks (actually treated--PICC, IVs, subQ pump, Zofran, evil phenergan, benadryl, antacids--and *almost* got to be fluffy in the third tri)
slterwil
Devoted to You

Postby phaerelastra » Sep 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Congrats on your little girl! I'm sure you'll treasure every moment since she's your last one. At least HG is gone forever, right? :) Best wishes to all of you!

Kathleen Amelia, born by repeat c-section on 9/2/11. HG from 5-39 weeks, Zofran, Phenergan, Marinol.

1st HG baby, undiagnosed - Elizabeth-Anne Rose, born 2-9-99. Proud to have survived a teen pregnancy and made it to the other side, especially with HG.
phaerelastra
Been There Done That

Postby Kate » Oct 05, 2011 9:27 am

beautiful! I love the pictures!
<3 Kate <3

Twin angels Sept 08, Angel Feb 09, Angel July 09,
Angel August 09, Angel Feb 2010,Angel April 2010
Angel June 2010
Kate
Forum Moderator

Return to Birth Announcements