It's a girl!! :)

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

It's a girl!! :)

Postby Blanketkitty » Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

Ella Michelle was born August 18 at 8:49 am. She was 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 and 1/2 inches long. She has been perfectly healthy and nurses great! I threw up all through labor. I had to be induced, though I was able to avoid pitocin (very grateful, I didn't need something else in my way of bonding with baby I was worried enough as it was because I spent most of my pregnancy really hating her). I had such horrible contractions that never fully went away in between, so I was constantly out of breath and my pulse got dangerously high. I had intended on an unmedicated birth and was quite set to it. But I definitely found that the never ending contractions AND the nausea and vomiting were just waaaaay too much for me to handle. Plus it had been 6 hours and I had only progressed from 3cm to 5 cm. There was no way I could do another 6 or so hours like that. So I got the epidural and 2 hours later I was ready to push and I had her roughly a half hour after that! As soon as the placenta was out I felt so much better and then when I had lunch a few hours later I felt nearly myself again!

I had the central line removed the next day, boy was that gross! I didn't realize just how long it was. I was so happy to be rid of that thing! (though somewhat missed it when I had to go to the ER last week and the nurse tried 3 times to get an IV in! It wasn't HG related, I had a fever and pelvic pain). I was so excited to be feeling better and just in love with our new little family that I demanded to be released first thing the next morning. In all I spent 52 days in the hospital and 7 trips to the ER this pregnancy.

So far I have not stopped moving since we got home. I'm able to do housework again without vomiting, go to the grocery store, heck just standing for 5 minutes without getting sick has been wonderful! In fact when she was just 4 days old we went to the grocery store. I put her in the sling and we shopped til our wallet hurt... I really missed food! I was stopped by several people who asked how old, when I said 4 days I got a lot of interesting reactions. One from this lady who said, "4 days?! what on earth are you doing out of bed!?!?" I laughed and said, "you don't understand, I just spent the last 9 months in bed throwing up, I feel awesome!" then I bounced away (well there was a spring in my step, but not too much, I was still really sore from tearing!).

I ended up weighing 3 lbs over my prepregnancy weight after I gave birth. Not too bad considering I lost 40 lbs in the first two tri's. I'm probably back under that weight again now that I am nursing. It completely drains me. In fact, after I left the ER last week I passed out in the parking garage. They didn't let me eat the whole time I was there (12hrs) so I hadn't eaten in 24 hours and I nursed her the whole day. Apparently I refused to go back inside and demanded to go home. I don't remember any of it, but I'm fine now. I think it's kind of funny that I passed out this time, but not when I went weeks on end without eating!

Anyway, I am very happy to report that we are all doing well and enojying life HG free! Oh and I was able to do something that made me feel pretty darn good too. I had a few big viles of Zofran IV, I got 10 doses out of each, so there was quite a bit of medication there. The IV company would not take the meds back, I didn't want money for them I just didn't want to waste thousands of dollars of medication! At first I thought I should try and find someone on here to give it to. But the more I thought about it, the more it felt illegal to me. Plus how many HGers would have a central or picc line without already being given meds. I found out that Zofran is often not covered by insurance companies for chemo patients because that is not the actual treatment, it is a "luxury". So we decided to donate them to the Maine Cancer Center. They were so pleased to receive it and said that they will be giving it to a patient who does not have insurance. I liked knowing that they could not bill someone for it because it was not in their inventory and the fact that it would be handed out by a doctor. I know I would feel really terrible if I sent it to an HGer and something bad happened!
Jenn
Blanketkitty

Postby joy_g » Sep 09, 2011 2:18 pm

congratulations on going through all that and coming out alive! enjoy your little girl!

joy_g
Opinionated HGer

Postby slterwil » Sep 09, 2011 3:39 pm

awesome! Glad you have spring in your step again. I remember I was all over the place and cooking dinner three days after my c-section. I was just so happy to be feeling better and not be pregnant. HUGS. So glad you made it through and your little baby is here safe and sound.
Sandy
Angel baby 12/2005
Angel baby 5/2006
Angel baby 10/2006
Angel baby 9/2007
My sweet Erin 10/2008 5 lbs 10 ounces: untreated/undiagnosed HG from 6 -37 weeks (delivery)
Baby Riley 12/2010 6 lbs 9 ounces: HG from 6 weeks to delivery at 37 weeks (actually treated--PICC, IVs, subQ pump, Zofran, evil phenergan, benadryl, antacids--and *almost* got to be fluffy in the third tri)
slterwil
Devoted to You

Postby DivineLotus » Sep 12, 2011 1:26 am

See I knew you were strong enough. Doesn't life after hg fog look much sweeter plus a wonderful baby out of it?. :-)

I'm glad you had a lot of energy afterwards. I was exhausted. Still am in a way. :-/
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Many many congratulations

Postby nemomum » Sep 15, 2011 10:38 am

That's wonderful news that baby is here safely and you're feeling so well. Isn't it just crazy how quickly the HG can go? What a time you've had, being in hospital so many times. I hope you can now really enjoy your new addition to the family.

If I may just add, although it is rather personal, do go carefully with that tear, let it heal. I got a 2nd degree with my last and, trust me, you really don't want scar tissue down there. Mind stairs and just try to avoid racing around even if you are feeling like a bird out its cage. Time to recoup some of those calories, vitamins and minerals you've lost too. I'm so pleased you are feeling so well though and don't want to be all 'warning, warning', I'm delighted for you.
nemomum
Been There Done That

Postby nekorachan » Sep 15, 2011 1:39 pm

congrats!
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Return to Birth Announcements