She is HERE!! It is OVER!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

She is HERE!! It is OVER!

Postby brm2011 » May 24, 2011 12:04 pm

She arrived last Wednesday at 36 weeks via c-section and my HG nightmare is FINALLY OVER!!!

My story is one of the worst you will find, and I WANT TO BRING HOPE TO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO IS STRUGGLING THROUGH AN HG PREGNANCY. Mine got worse as my pregnancy progressed (not common) and I still survived!! With God's help and love. Yes, he allowed me to suffer greatly and I struggle with that fact sometimes, but I also see where he clearly brought certain medications and doctors into the picture and I chose to have faith that this happened to me for a reason and that there will be more good to emerge from it. I was unable to eat/drink ANYTHING for the last 4 months of my pregnancy. I survived on TPN alone. But as you all know, the constant debilitating nausea is the worst part. Even in the end I had other serious complications. My platelets were too low for me to get an epidural (risk of permanent paralysis) and low enough to present a significant risk of bleeding out during a c-section. However, after 4 hours of natural labor with intense contractions that were steady at 2 min apart my labor was not progressing fast enough and I was begging for a c-section, risks and all. She was delivered safely a few minutes later by c-section, and I thank God that I did not have to deliver her naturally after all I had already endured the previous 8 months. GOD IS GOOD and she is perfect! 5lbs 15oz - 18 1/2 in long and BEAUTIFUL!!!

If you're out there wondering how you will get through tomorrow (I've been there many times) DON'T GIVE UP. There is GREAT JOY in the end for you. Keep fighting. IT WILL END!! and YOU WILL BE STRONGER FOR IT!!

As a result of the past 8 months I have a vast knowledge in home health, HG medications, TPN, hypnosis, gallbladder complications, and low platelet conditions among other things! ha PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FELLOW HG'ERS OUT THERE WHO HAVE HELPED ME GET THROUGH THIS PREGNANCY WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND ENCOURAGING MESSAGES OF HELP AND HOPE. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I HOPE TO PAY IT FORWARD.
LOVE TO ALL

[/img]
brm2011

Postby DebbieS » May 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your DD !! Very glad things turned out well for you and baby. Isn't it funny the things we become expert on (years back I never would have dreamed it). Hope your recovery goes well & happy eating!
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby katekate » May 26, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm so glad your nightmare pregnancy is done and you have your little girl at last - congratulations!

Kate
Forever loved little one miscarriage at 16 weeks, due date 21st Oct 2010 (severe HG from 6 weeks)

DD Anna born 17th May 2011
katekate
Welcomed Friend

Return to Birth Announcements