is it possible to have a natural birth after HG?

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

is it possible to have a natural birth after HG?

Postby saratxu » Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am

I would love to have a natural birth, but I know I am going to get to the labour, physically and mentally exhausted, so I doubt about being able to do any extra effort.... Any of you had have a natural birth?
saratxu

Postby SarahD » Mar 01, 2011 9:24 am

I have had two. It is amazing what your body can do once that moment comes. I know there are many others on here that have as well. But complications arise, so it's best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Write out a birth plan with all of your contingency plans. Discuss it with your doctor and pack a copy to give your nurse at the hospital. If a nurse is too pushy one way or the other, you can always request a new nurse. Having a doula there to advocate for you might be a good idea. I wish I had had one the second time. Labor can actually be a walk in the park compared to HG, so don't get too scared. Good luck to you!
Sarah
SarahD
Been There Done That

Postby julianadg » Mar 01, 2011 9:51 am

I have had two beautiful natural births. It is possible and even wonderful. If you are birthing in a hospital, it will feel like an uphill battle at times, because for whatever reason, they want to keep reminding you that you can get an epi.
Check out hypnobirthing, that is the method I used and would recommend it to family and friends. In fact, my sister used it with her two births with great success as well
Sienna ( 1/9/05- Fluffy)
Sawyer (9/27/08- Severe HG from 6wks- 36 weeks)
Angel Baby Scarlett (loss at 8 weeks because I was so scared of what awaited. Moderate HG at 6 weeks.)
My Blog about my story with HG- WARNING it's triggering
http://islandofgriefmountainofjoy.wordpress.com/
julianadg
Welcomed Friend

Postby nekorachan » Mar 01, 2011 11:03 am

i had epidurals with both my boys, but the first one didn't take and i felt every second of davis's birth...trust your body - it knows what to do ^-^ in some ways natural is better than having an epidural
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Postby Nezabudka » Apr 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I had a water birth last time and this time i will get an epidural. I was thinking about it and then I looked at my videos of the birth and heard myself and all the memories rushed back to me - no... I am too tired this time around, i want an easy way out =)
3xHG
3 beautiful kids - a girl (9) a boy (3), a girl (1)
Trying to get ready for baby #4
ImageImage
Nezabudka
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm

I gave birth without epidural all three times, but whatever works for you is what's best in the end. If epidural is what it takes to achieve the end goal of healthy delivery for both you and baby, then that's the best route to take. Good luck!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby saratxu » May 06, 2011 3:42 am

thank you very much for your words, girls :)
saratxu

Return to Birth Announcements