Life after 2 HG pregnancies

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Life after 2 HG pregnancies

Postby Britotheknee » Mar 09, 2014 5:12 am

I had HG throughout both of my pregnancies but my second was much different Than my first. I had my children fairly close together so my body hadn't recovered fully before I decided on the second baby. I wasn't really aware of HG and the problems it could cause. I had gestational diabetes,and lost 41 lbs by my second trimester. All of the vomiting cause my gallbladder essentially to rot and had to be removed while I was pregnant. Weeks after my surgery I returned to work only to be put back on bed rest due to a placenta abruption. I was on iv treatments twice a week and constant observation I made it to 35 weeks before my little girl decided to come on out on her own and although she was a little small she was and still is perfectly healthy.. I thought all would go back to normal.. My daughter is 6 months old now and I still fight with the effects that HG had on my body. I find myself still vomiting about twice a week at least due to a new sensitivity to most red meats,fatty food and dairy. (Doesn't leave a whole lot to work with) I have had trouble adjusting to a normal life and have sought out help due to a new found severe anxiety I have in my daily life. Simple tasks seem to break me down and if anything goes wrong my day is destroyed. Medication helps but it still amazes me how much HG does to a person and how little awareness it has. I'm posting on here because when I was pregnant I found this amazing site, all these forums where I can talk to others in similar situations who actually understand what it's like and the tole it takes on your body and mind. Thanks for all the support you ladies give I hope that everyone finds something to comfort you during the roughest 40 weeks of your lives
Britotheknee

Re: Life after 2 HG pregnancies

Postby Brynn1984 » Mar 11, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm so sorry you are still going through so much. For the first year after I had my son I still had some food sensitivities, but nothing compared to what you are going through. What I can relate to is the anxiety. I have taken anti-anxiety medication for about 10 years, but after HG/having my son it definitely got worse. I switched meds and that helped some, but I know it is scary to deal with. Lots of hugs to you and if you ever want to talk all things anxiety (fun!) feel free to PM me :)
Baby boy Benjamin born on 10.22.12!
Severe HG week 5 - 18, Moderate HG week 19 - 22, Mild HG week 23 - 30
Treatments: PICC line with TPN, Midline with fluids, Zofran, Ativan, Zoloft, Protonix, Milk of Magnesia
Total weight loss: 25 pounds

http://irondadblog.wordpress.com/

Brynn1984
Been There Done That

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG