Second Tri, Third Baby

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Second Tri, Third Baby

Postby drumgirl1 » Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm

So glad to have moved on from the first third of hell. This is my third baby and third time through HG, worst time so far.

Three weeks ago I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration (5th time) and they worked with me to put in a picc line, after needing an ultrasound machine to find a vein. (the ER and infusion center have similar problems each time I go in.) I have felt so much better since getting the line in. I have about a liter a day at home (sometimes I double up) and I feel like I'm finally able to keep up with the crap from the HG, along with my phenergan and zofran:) Still losing weight, but now I am able to have tea and some food!!

I met with my ob two days ago for our biweekly visits, first since having the picc in. (She was on vacation for a month before this week, and I had to work with another ob in the office to approve the picc line.) She was glad that I felt better, and wanted to take it out asap because of the risk of infection.

My question is, how long do I try to keep the picc line in for fluids at home?? If I am feeling better now with the daily fluids, how do I know if I can keep up feeling good without the picc? OB reasons that the second trimester is much easier, but with my last two babies the HG just got worse up until delivery. I have no signs of infection, no reason to have it out...what is next?

What have been your experiences with keeping a picc or taking it out?
drumgirl1

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)