32 weeks and still suffering...

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

32 weeks and still suffering...

Postby Louise Rose » Mar 27, 2014 10:03 am

Almost at 33 weeks now and finding it so hard to keep going both emotionally and physically.

Have been on 16mg of zophren either once or twice a day since week 5, 3 hospital stays, constant nausea, severve weight loss and exhaustion. Our first daughter is 2 1/2 and poor little thing has found it all a bit much and has been quite emotionally effected which breaks my heart. Some days are easier than others but just can't even remember what is like to feel 'normal' and have an appetite. All the tests and doctors say my little girl (due in May) is healthy and growing well, but I can't help but worry every day about her health from all the zophren and stress over the last months. Can't wait to hold her in my arms and just want to know that she is ok.

Has anyone else had hg the whole pregnancy and had to take zophren the whole time? How did you find the energy to give birth? Feel so exausted just having a shower some days, just don't know how I will have the strength to go through labour???
Louise Rose

Re: 32 weeks and still suffering...

Postby Saph18 » Mar 27, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Louise!

I'm 30 weeks here! Just wanted to answer the part about having the energy to give birth. My first time, I found that energy, and I was so happy to be in the middle of the labour pains because it meant the end of my suffering was finally really close! Birth is a huge adrenalin rush and your body will find the energy for that.

Otherwise, I am really tired too! I have been able to go off the Zofran around 24 weeks, but I am still taking Diclectin. I find myself to be emotionnaly disconnected from my son because of the tiredness and forget how it's like to be normal too. I hope it will get a bit better until the end!

Hang in there, there is little ahead compared to what's behind you! One day at a time :)
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby Louise Rose » Mar 30, 2014 4:25 am

Thanks Saph18 for your reply. I appreciate your supportive words and hope that things get easier for you too. Seems we are both due in may...let the countdown begin!!!
Louise Rose

Postby Saph18 » Apr 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Louise, how are you this week? :)
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby nikitatay » Aug 19, 2019 9:01 am

Hi Louise and everyone else who is still nauseous and vomiting in 3rd trimester. Although your post was 5 years ago, I would like to ask if you had to continue taking medication (especially Zofran/Ondansetron) until birth? I'm 25 weeks now and still vomiting. Taking Ondansetron and Zantac twice a day and Diclectin (Diglecis) every night. I can tolerate some fluids but my body stills reject everything I eat. Was hospitalized several time during 1st/2nd trimester period. Anyway, I'm seen by different doctors each time I come for the doctor's appt, and some doctors advice me it's OK to continue eating the meds, some advice me to try not taking it. But I NEED TO TAKE IT. Otherwise, I am not able to cope this horrible HG disease. I too worry like you every day, will my baby be OK with all the medicines I'm still taking now. I hope someone enlighten me. :(
nikitatay

Return to Third Trimester HG